What is the best way to write fundraising appeals?
On this episode we talk with Mazarine Treyz, founder of Wild Woman Fundraising, about the core elements of effective fundraising appeals, how the best appeals are centered around stories of one, and even touch on lessons you can pull from your favorite works of fiction when you’re writing your appeals.
Mazarine Treyz is the author of The Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising, and founder of WildWomanFundraising.com, a popular fundraising resource with 50,000 monthly readers. She also wrote The Wild Woman’s Guide to Social Media and Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide, both which were given a 5-star review by Nonprofit.About.com. Mazarine has co-founded a nonprofit and worked in fundraising roles for 10 years. She’s raised millions for small, national and international charities via grants, events, sponsorships, crowdfunding, appeals. She’s trained over 10,000 people from 2011-2015 and helped nonprofits raise millions more.
- Mazarine’s year-end fundraising masterclass
- Fundraising staff attrition cost article by Mazarine
- [Interview] Lori Jacobwith On Crafting Fundraising Stories
- Additional articles on writing appeal letters by Marazine
- Free 60-day Year-End Fundraising Plan + Checklist For Nonprofits
Find more episodes on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, or www.causevox.com/podcast