Year-end is right around the corner! It’s no secret that donor behavior and event hosting options have changed in 2021. If you’re wondering how you should adapt your fundraising strategy to the new landscape, then look no further.
Our Year-End Fundraising Resource Package has everything you need to craft a winning year-end campaign that is optimized for online fundraising.
As we head into #GivingTuesday and year-end, we want to share these tips and tricks to make this your most profitable Q4 ever!
Here’s your #GivingTuesday & Year-End Fundraising Resource Package:
Access Our Free Library Of #GivingTuesday & Year-End Fundraising Tools, Blog Posts, Webinars, and Conferences On-Demand:
1. Download Our Free 2021 Year-End Fundraising Calendar
Creating a comprehensive calendar will keep you organized this year-end so that you can focus on bringing in donations! Our fundraising timeline will help you stay focused on your goals and objectives. It will also give you a plan for the best times to send out those important acknowledgment messages so that your donors feel appreciated!
Don’t forget the following key dates this year-end:
- November 1: Set Goals And Make A Plan
- Suggestion: Pre-Thanksgiving Thank You Campaign
- November 15: Soft Launch Your Year-End Campaign
- November 30: GivingTuesday – Big Fundraising Kickoff
- December 15: Build Urgency
- December 31: Final Year-End Push
- January + February: Thank Yous
Download the free 2021 Year-End Fundraising Calendar:
2. Take Advantage Of Incredible Generosity With A Winning Online #GivingTuesday and Year-End Campaign
Are you ready for #GivingTuesday on November 30th? In 2020, donors gave over $2.47 billion to US nonprofits, meaning that this is one fundraising opportunity you can’t miss!
Need a tool to fundraise for free?
CauseVox lets you raise more with less effort by setting up a dedicated #GivingTuesday + year-end crowdfunding campaign.
The Basic Plan allows you to fundraise for free. There’s no monthly/annual fee, no CauseVox fee, and no limits.
For small orgs on a tight budget or can’t get a digital fundraising tool approved quickly, you can use CauseVox for 100% free with the Basic Plan.
3. Access Our Year-End Fundraising Fair On-Demand
The incredible (and fun) Year-End Fundraising Fair had 16 awesome sessions designed to help you raise more online this year-end.
If you weren’t able to attend our Year-End Fundraising Fair live, we’ve now made the Year-End Fundraising Fair on Demand. Now, you can access:
- All 16 curated, impact-filled sessions covering topics like direct mail, email marketing, digital fundraising, social strategy, year-end planning tips, retention + more.
- YEFF Official Notes: Review 57+ pages of official notes from all the sessions so you get quick takeaways + resources from each presentation.
- Benefit from The Year-End Fundraising Fair Prize: a package of exclusive discounts, downloadable templates, resources, and more — including 50% off CauseVox to run your year-end fundraising.
- The Year-End Fundraising Appeal Workshop On-Demand: A 2-hour, CFRE-credited workshop that gives you an easy framework to write the best year-end fundraising appeal.
You’ll learn everything you need to know to fundraise this year-end, explore 15 top takeaways here.
The Year-End Fundraising Fair has it all! Access the Year-End Fundraising Fair On-Demand for only $37.50 with promo code 50OFFYEFF.
4. Watch Select Sessions From The YEFF Free
To help you get a taste of what’s available at the Year-End Fundraising Fair, we’ve made a few sessions available to watch free on-demand.
Leverage Direct Mail To Encourage Donors To Give This Year-End
During the Year-End Fundraising Fair session, “Direct Mail In The Digital Age” nonprofit coach Kelly McLaughlin shares that over her 12+ years of experience, she has found that direct mail is still an effective fundraising tool, especially as part of your year-end appeal.
Direct mail can stand out to donors, allow you to tell longer stories, and let you personalize your communication. Personalization is as easy as handwriting a thank you note, including a sticker, or sprinkling the donor’s name throughout the letter to keep them engaged.
Watch the full session to learn everything you need to know about using direct mail to maximize your fundraising this year-end!
Develop A Comprehensive Email Strategy For Your Year-End Campaign!
Effective communication in the last week of the year is essential! During the Year-End Fundraising Fair session, “The Year-End Fundraising Playbook” Nathan Hill from NextAfter advises you to prioritize your end of year appeal by following a simple step-by-step process.
- Prime Your Donors With Email Communication
- Write A Personal Appeal
- Send Out “Closers” To Wrap Up Your Campaign
This approach makes relationships, not donations, the priority. If you are still unsure how to communicate with donors at year-end, NextAfter offers a free Year-End Fundraising Course!
Optimize You Fundraising Strategy For Online Giving
The fundraising landscape has changed: In 2020, there was a 32% increase in online revenue for nonprofits.
Now, it’s time to adapt your year-end fundraising to thrive during year-end 2021.
Watch this session from the Year-End Fundraising Fair to learn the latest trends, tactics, and strategies to help you raise more online this year-end, learned from the most recent data from thousands of successful online fundraising campaigns.
Don’t forget that CauseVox is offering an amazing discount on all materials and sessions from the Year-End Fundraising Fair! Get the Year-End Fundraising Fair On-Demand for only $37.50 with the promo code 50OFFYEFF
5. The Comprehensive Guide To Year-End Giving
This guide will help you to outline and develop a year-end fundraising campaign that works for your organization and your donors.
We’ll also review marketing and communications tools and tactics, and highlight assets and resources to consider when executing your campaign. Start thinking now about ramping up your virtual fundraising because this year has seen a massive shift to online. Let’s get started – the clock is ticking!
6. #GivingTuesday 2021 Ideas And Best Practices
Whether you’re a digital fundraising expert or still getting your feet under you, #GivingTuesday is a great way to improve your digital fundraising and get your supporters excited to give online.
To help you make the most out of your #GivingTuesday campaign, we’ve put together this list of #GivingTuesday ideas and best practices.
7. [On-Demand] Course: Building A Year-End Fundraising Strategy That’s Designed To Succeed
Over the course of 3 hour-long classes, we’ll walk you through how to plan your year-end giving campaign step by step + provide you with tools and templates to equip you to succeed.
You’ll walk away equipped with a comprehensive year-end fundraising plan you can feel confident will help you meet and exceed your year-end fundraising goals.
8. Free #GivingTuesday and Year-End Fundraising Consultation
Let’s chat about how you can leverage virtual/digital fundraising for your year-end fundraising plan.
You’ll sit down with a digital fundraising expert to review your fundraising plans and chat about how you can optimize your digital fundraising strategy to raise more online with less stress this year-end.
9. Additional Year-End Fundraising Resources From CauseVox
- #GivingTuesday and Year-End Ask Me Anything On-Demand
- #GivingTuesday 2021: How To Plan A Successful Fundraising Campaign
- Refine Your Appeal: Watch the Fundraising Appeal Throwdown On-Demand
10. Improve Your Year-End Fundraising Strategy With These Amazing Resources From Our Expert Friends & Partners!
- Hone Your Year-End Fundraising Plan With Nonprofit Coach Kelly McLaughlin
- Fundraise Like A Pro This Year-End With This Free Course From NextAfter!
- Fall 2021 Fundraising Strategies To Help Your Nonprofit Succeed from TechSoup
- Relieve Some Of The Stress Of Year-End Fundraising With Downloadable Templates from Pamela Grow!
- Make Sure Your #GivingTuesday Campaign Is Set Up For Success With Julia Campbell’s #GivingTuesday Campaign Checklist
Download Julia Campbell’s #GivingTuesday Checklist + Pamela Grow’s templates + resources:
We’ll be adding more resources soon! Keep coming back to see the latest updates to our comprehensive #GivingTuesday & Year-End Fundraising Resource Package.